Start Exploring Homes For Sale in Portland, Oregon
You know it’s rainy but you love it anyway!
Let me help you find your perfect home.
Searching homes for sale IN THE COVETED PORTLAND AREA is a serious and exciting venture - Finding the perfect one takes focus.
Finding a top real estate agent–that really listens to you–when searching for homes for sale can make the difference between a ho-hum transaction and a memorable experience.
I take the process of buying a home both seriously and also with great imagination. Not only do I use technology for thorough MLS searches but I know my Portland community well, having made it my home for over 25 years.
So whether you want a fixer-upper or a new build, great schools, an established or an up-and-coming neighborhood in Portland, I will make it my number one priority to help you find the right home.
My years of renovating houses will give you insight into possibilities. As a visual artist I am able to envision opportunities for enhancing any home to better fit your desires. Once we find a home you love, I will work with you to negotiate the optimal package that preserves your interests and catches the home seller's interests. Each step of the way you'll have a friend and partner in the process.
We are BUYING.
What will you, as our AGENT, do for us?
As your local Portland Realtor® I will find properties that match your wish list, criteria and preferences. Once you find a property you are interested in, I will prepare the offer, negotiate with the seller's broker, schedules inspections and follows your transaction through to the moment I give you your keys upon closing.
I’ll prepare a strong offer that presents you in the best light based on market demands and your interest in the property. From before you sign your first contract, I will review your documents for loopholes, obtain disclosures and advocate for repairs and/or price reductions if needed. I'll also be a buffer between you and the seller's broker making sure all negotiations are transparent.
Relocating to Portland?
Moving from out of state or the country?
As a relocation specialist I can make sure a transplanted buyer finds the right home, in the perfect neighborhood and all the family members understand the process and feel included. For Spanish-speakers I am a perfect fit as a relocation specialist.
Home Buyer Assistance Programs
Top Tips for Buying a Home
With all the things you have to take into consideration, buying a home can be stressful. But it doesn't have to be! Here are five tips I've compiled from working with home buyers over the years.
1. Get pre-approved. Know ahead of time how large a loan you qualify for and therefore what your price range is. Including a copy of your pre-approval letter (not just your pre-qualification letter) with your offer makes it your offer more qualified and competitive.
2. Don't outspend what a home is worth. Likewise, don't outspend your own budget! You don't want to get caught up in the emotional process of buying a house only to find out later you overpaid and can't sell it for the same price. If you're looking in a specific area because of transportation options or schools and find yourself priced out, try looking in nearby neighborhoods that still fall within your desired boundaries. This is a great technique to expand your options.
3. Be wary of new construction. Just because a house is new, doesn't mean it's well built! Do your due diligence and make sure you'll be getting what you pay for. Don't overlook cheap materials or sloppy work. Consider hiring an independent inspector.
4. Weigh fixer uppers against ready-to-move-in houses. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Check out this article (http://bit.ly/2iTpVdO) for some good things to compare and contrast.
5. Be flexible to the seller's requests. Offering to make the closing process easier for the seller could give you an advantage when there are multiple interested buyers. Find out if fewer contingencies, a faster settlement, or something else would be helpful for the seller, and then proactively offer it as a gesture of goodwill.
Exhausted already? Don't be. I'm here to help. And in the meantime, here are some crazy facts on the lighter side. Take a look at these eight surprising real estate stats (http://nyp.st/2iYs5JF)!
When you are ready to start your search for the perfect home let me help you every step of the way. Your friend in the real estate industry - Francisco.